Loretta Lynn announced a new album that is a “celebration of women in country music” on Monday (Jan. 4), which is also the 50th anniversary of her seminal album, Coal Miner’s Daughter.
The star-studded 13-track album includes duets with Carrie Underwood, Reba McEntire, Margo Price and Tanya Tucker alongside several remakes from her legendary catalog including “I’m A Honky Tonk Girl,” “You Ain’t Woman Enough” and a new rendition of “One’s On The Way,” a 1971 song written by Shel Silverstein. She also covers the Carter family hit “Keep On The Sunny Side” and Hank Williams’ “I Saw The Light.”
“I am just so thankful to have some of my friends join me on my new album,” Lynn shared in a statement. “We girl singers gotta stick together. It’s amazing how much has happened in the fifty years since ‘Coal Miner’s Daughter’ first came out and I’m extremely grateful to be given a part to play in the history of American music.”
The forthcoming project was produced by Patsy Lynn Russell and John Carter Cash.
Still Woman Enough follows Lynn’s 2018 Legacy release of, Wouldn’t It Be Great, and is set to be released on March 19, 2021.
I am very excited that my new album, "Still Woman Enough" is available to pre-order now! Available 3/19, 4 amazing women joined me on these new songs, @Reba, @CarrieUnderwoood, @MargoPrice, @TanyaTucker. Pre-order it today! #stillwomanenough #womenofcountry #forthegirls pic.twitter.com/otlmiIjmCX
— Loretta Lynn (@LorettaLynn) January 4, 2021
Still Woman Enough Track Listing:
- “Still Woman Enough” [featuring Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood] (Loretta Lynn and Patsy Lynn Russell)
- “Keep on the Sunny Side” (A.P. Carter)
- “Honky Tonk Girl” (Loretta Lynn)
- “I Don’t Feel at Home Any More” (Traditional, arrangement by Loretta Lynn)
- “Old Kentucky Home” (Stephen Foster and Loretta Lynn)
- “Coal Miner’s Daughter Recitation” (Loretta Lynn)
- “One’s on the Way” [featuring Margo Price] (Shel Silverstein)
- “I Wanna Be Free” (Loretta Lynn)
- “Where No One Stands Alone” (Lister Mosie)
- “I’ll Be All Smiles Tonight” (T.B. Ransom)
- “I Saw the Light” (Hank Williams)
- “My Love” (Loretta Lynn)
- “You Ain’t Woman Enough” [featuring Tanya Tucker] (Loretta Lynn)