Miranda Lambert is sharing some fun facts behind her “Settling Down” music video.
The music video marked her husband and “video vixon” Brendan McLoughlin’s debut in a music video and Lambert’s first video including a love interest. The music video “gives fans a glimpse into” their life on Lambert’s farm in Tennessee.
The video is also one of Lambert’s most personal music videos to date because not only is it the first video where Lambert included her love interest but also includes her horse, Gibson, her dog, Delta Dawn and was filmed on her Tennessee farm, which is the exact location where her and McLoughlin got married, making it that much more special.
“Brendan and I got married on the farm, so it made it even more special to capture the video here together,” Lambert explained.
Below are five fun facts that the country superstar is sharing about the video.
1. The picnic basket was given to Miranda by her mom, Bev and the flowers in the basket were handpicked by Miranda in her yard.
2. “Love Letters” by Red 55 Winery is featured in this scene at the pond. It’s a varietal from Miranda Lambert’s wine collection.
3. Miranda’s husband, Brendan McLoughlin, co-stars in the video. It is Miranda’s very first music video featuring a love interest.
“It was shot at my happy place with my happy person, so it was a good day.”
4. The video shoot had to be pushed back a week, because a huge storm flooded Miranda’s farm on the original filming date.
5. Miranda’s dog, Delta Dawn, has appeared in 5 music videos including this one. She also starred in “All Of All Kinds” and Pistol Annies’ “Hell On Heels,” “Hush Hush” and “Takin’ Pills.”
Watch the music video fun facts below.
The “Settling Down” video also showcases some of the stunning scenery on the several acres of land at Lambert’s Tennessee farm, the couple cuddling in a hammock and Lambert racing across the field on her aforementioned horse while McLoughlin watches in his black tie best.
“Settling Down” is the latest single to Country Radio from Lambert’s 2019 album, Wildcard.