Dolly Parton has had a storied singing career. Having initially begun her journey on The Porter Wagoner Show, she has gone on to produce 25 No. 1 career hits, which have subsequently earned her numerous awards and accolades.
Now fans can experience many of those songs in the form of a brand-new album!
Parton has officially announced the release of Dolly Parton – Diamonds & Rhinestones: The Greatest Hits Collection. Featuring nearly two dozen hits, the project includes “9 to 5,” “Jolene,” and “I Will Always Love You,” which broke several records. This is the first time Parton will release a collection that includes 23 of her most successful songs spanning from 1971-2020, and the first time she has combined original recordings released on Dolly Records, RCA Victor, and Columbia Records.
Parton couldn’t resist sharing the news with fans on social media.
“I’ve got some big news! My Greatest Hits album, Diamonds & Rhinestones, is coming November 18th,” Parton, 76, recently wrote on Instagram, including a diamond-shaped emoji in her caption. “This record is a collection of my favorite songs, and yours!”
On her Instagram page, Parton included two photos – one of her dressed in a body-hugging, black-and-white gown, and another, presumably the album cover art. The first of the two shots have her accessorizing her dress with ruby red nail polish and hair down in curls while the second snap features her first name spread across the front in sparkly cursive lettering with a butterfly image hovering over the last letter.
“Every one of these songs has a special memory behind it for me,” Parton said of Diamonds & Rhinestones: The Greatest Hits Collection in a statement. “I hope that you make some special memories of your own while listening to them.”
The compilation album, made available in digital form, CD and a 2 LP pink glitter 12” edition exclusively through Parton’s official website, includes liner notes written by Robert K. Oermann, who collaborated with Parton on her 2020 autobiography, Dolly Parton, Songteller: My Life in Lyrics.
Along with the previously mentioned hits, fans can look forward to hearing some of the country superstar’s beloved collaborations, including “Islands In The Stream” and “Real Love” with the late Kenny Rogers, and “Silver Threads and Golden Needles” with Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette. The final cut on the cross-label anthology is her 2020 collaboration “Faith” with Swedish dance duo Galantis featuring Mr. Probz.
2022 appears to be a big year of music for Parton. Along with Diamonds & Rhinestones: The Greatest Hits Collection, the legendary singer/songwriter is gearing up for the holidays with an expanded edition of her 2020 Christmas album, A Holly Dolly Christmas, due out mid-October. Her re-imagined version of “9 to 5” with Kelly Clarkson will also drop on Sept. 9, ahead of the 23-track album. The song, arranged and produced by Shane McAnally, is being released as part of Parton’s upcoming documentary, Still Working 9 to 5.
Music releases aside, the country icon and avid animal supporter, who recently launched a charity-based, canine line called Doggy Parton, is also scheduled to take the lead in the musical film Dolly Parton’s Mountain Magic Christmas on NBC. The special, which she worked on with David Rambo, Sam Haskell, Hudson Hickman, and Joe Lazarov, will feature an array of celebrity cast members like Willie Nelson, Billy Ray Cyrus, Jimmie Allen, Miley Cyrus, and more. No air date has been revealed for the Christmas special, but more information will be announced at a later date. In the fall, Parton will also be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, alongside Carly Simon, Eminem, Duran Duran, and others.
Diamonds & Rhinestones: The Greatest Hits Collection, due out Friday (Nov. 18), is available for pre-order here.
Be sure to check out the tracklist for Dolly Parton’s Diamonds & Rhinestones: The Greatest Hits Collection below.
Diamonds & Rhinestones: The Greatest Hits Collection:
1. 9 To 5 – From the RCA Victor album 9 To 5 And Odd Jobs (1980)
2. Jolene – From the RCA Victor album Jolene (1974)
3. Here You Come Again – From the RCA Victor album Here You Come Again (1977)
4. Islands In The Stream (with Kenny Rogers) – From the Kenny Rogers album Eyes That See In The Dark (1983)
5. I Will Always Love You – From the RCA Victor album Jolene (1974)
6. Coat Of Many Colors – From the RCA Victor album Coat Of Many Colors (1971)
7. My Tennessee Mountain Home – From the RCA Victor album My Tennessee Mountain Home (1973)
8. The Bargain Store – From the RCA Victor album The Bargain Store (1975)
9. Baby I’m Burnin’ – From the RCA Victor album Heartbreaker (1978)
10. Better Get To Livin’ – From the Dolly Records album Backwoods Barbie (2008)
11. Why’d You Come In Here Lookin’ Like That – From the Columbia Records album White Limozeen (1989)
12. Love Is Like A Butterfly – From the RCA Victor album Love Is Like A Butterfly (1974)
13. Heartbreaker – From the RCA Victor album Heartbreaker (1978)
14. Red Shoes – From the Dolly Records/RCA Records album Dumplin’ (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2018)
15. The Seeker – From the RCA Victor album Dolly (1975)
16. Together You & I – From the Dolly Records album Better Day (2011)
17. Two Doors Down – From the RCA Victor album Here You Come Again (1977)
18. When Life Is Good Again – From the Butterfly Records digital single (2020)
19. Tennessee Homesick Blues – From the RCA Victor album Rhinestone (Original Soundtrack Recording) (1984)
20. It’s All Wrong But It’s All Right – From the RCA Victor album Here You Come Again (1977)
21. Real Love (with Kenny Rogers) – From the RCA Victor album Real Love (1985)
22. Silver Threads and Golden Needles – Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton and Tammy Wynette – From the Columbia Records album Honky Tonk Angels (1983)
23. Faith – Galantis & Dolly Parton (featuring Mr. Probz) – From the Galantis album Church (2020)