It’s been three and a half years since Blake Shelton released a full-length studio album, but this spring he will add to his massive legacy with Body Language. Over the course of his career Shelton has released 11 acclaimed albums, the last four of which have debuted at No. 1 on the country charts – and, since 2002, these records have spawned an almost unparalleled 28 chart-topping singles. Body Language, due May 21 (available for pre-order April 23), features 12 tracks, including the No. 1 duet “Happy Anywhere” and current radio hit “Minimum Wage.”
“We’ve been working on this album on and off for two years now, and I’m very proud of what we have put together,” said Shelton. “We certainly had some unique challenges with the pandemic, but we also had a lot of fun. We explored new sounds while making sure to get in some classic country. I’m also thrilled to have my buddies The Swon Brothers featured on the title track as both co-writers and vocalists. Can’t wait for y’all to hear it!”
As he readies to launch into the future, the five-time CMA Male Vocalist of the Year is also taking time to celebrate his past: April 16 will mark the 20th anniversary of the day he released his No. 1 debut single, “Austin.” To commemorate the occasion, Shelton will launch the pre-order for a limited edition 7’’ vinyl of his star-making track on his website. The vinyl will feature B-side track “Problems At Home” as it originally did almost two decades ago.
With more than five billion on-demand streams, 11 million career album sales in the U.S. – so far – and award wins nearing the hundreds, Shelton has cemented his place in country music history. He continues to thrive, with his new single “Minimum Wage” climbing into the Top 20 after only two months. Check out the official music video (WATCH HERE) and a live performance on Late Night with Stephen Colbert (WATCH HERE). “Minimum Wage” follows back-to-back No. 1 smash hits “Happy Anywhere” and current ACM Music Event of the Year nominee “Nobody But You” (both with Gwen Stefani).
Beyond his country music career, the multimedia entertainer has earned widespread recognition as a seven-time champion coach for the Emmy Award-winning television show The Voice. The NBC singing competition is serendipitously in its 20th season. Shelton, a long-time Grand Ole Opry member, has also found success in his Ole Red partnership with Ryman Hospitality, with restaurant and venue locations currently in Tishomingo, Nashville, Gatlinburg and Orlando.
BODY LANGUAGE TRACK LISTING
1. Minimum Wage (Nicolle Galyon, Jesse Frasure, Corey Crowder)
2. Body Language (feat. The Swon Brothers) (Colton Swon, Zach Swon, Matt McGinn, Ryan Beaver)
3. Happy Anywhere (feat. Gwen Stefani) (Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne, Matt Jenkins)
4. Now I Don’t (Jessi Alexander, Alyssa Vanderheym, Michael Hardy)
5. Monday Mornin’ Missin’ You (Jessi Alexander, Deric Ruttan, Josh Thompson)
6. Corn (Craig Wiseman, Matt Dragstrem, Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawon)
7. Makin’ It Up As You Go (Brad Tursi, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
8. Whatcha Doin’ Tomorrow (Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman, Casey Beathard)
9. The Girl Can’t Help It (Ben Hayslip, Josh Osborne, Mark Holman)
10. The Flow (Shane McAnally, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne)
11. Neon Time (Jaron Boyer, Michael Tyler, Ben West)
12. Bible Verses (Joe Fox, Andrew Peebles, Brett Sheroky)