Drake Milligan was dubbed the “best performance of the night” on America’s Got Talent (AGT) during the Semi-finals on Tuesday (Aug. 9) after he performed an original tune called “Kiss Goodbye All Night.”
The rising country star and AGT contestant earned a standing ovation from the AGT judges, who went on to compliment his stage presence and overall talent.
Sofia Vergara gushed over Milligan, calling him “the whole package.”
Howie Mandel seemed to agree. “I will predict that tomorrow that song will be No. 1 on the country chart again, I promise you. You have a good chance of winning this whole thing.”
Simon Cowell praised him for returning to the show after his audition created such a buzz online.
“A lot of people after performing on the auditions and the song goes to No. 1, they would just walk and not compete. The fact that that happened and you still came back to this competition … I was concerned about that,” Cowell admitted. “In my opinion, you are the real deal. You are a great songwriter. You have charisma. I am kind of with Howie here. Based on tonight, let’s forget the cheese thing, this is, in my opinion, the best performance of the night.”
After the show, Milligan said that he never even thought about skipping out on the show.
“From the first moment I stepped on that Got Talent stage, all I wanted to do was come back and be in front of that crowd and be in front of the judges again,” he explained during a press conference. “It’s so much fun to feel that energy from the crowd and to know that millions of people are watching. I couldn’t wait to come back.”
“Kiss Goodbye All Night” is set to appear on Milligan’s upcoming full-length debut album, Dallas/Fort Worth.
Arriving on Sept. 15, Dallas/Fort Worth, which is aptly titled after the Texan’s hometown, will feature 14 tracks produced by Tony Brown (George Strait, Reba McEntire) and Brandon Hood.
“As a lifelong Country music fan, it has been my dream to make a full-length record that pays homage to traditional Country roots, while still bringing new sounds and energy to the genre,” Milligan shared. “As a native son of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I’ve always been intrigued by the difference between the two cities. First there’s Dallas: a city determined to prove that everything really is bigger in Texas. Then, just 30 miles to the west, there’s Fort Worth: a city that holds true to its Stockyard roots with a taut rope around its cowboy brand. My goal was to bring those same distinctions to the two parts of this album. On Dallas, the songs have a little more polish on their boots. On Fort Worth, there are nods to those traditional Honky-Tonkin’, Western swingin’, cowboy culture roots that I’m based in.”
Pre-save/Pre-add Drake Milligan’s Dallas/Fort Worth HERE.
See the full track list for Drake Milligan’s Dallas/Fort Worth below.
1. “Sounds Like Something I’d Do” (Drake Milligan/Brett Beavers/Terry McBride)
2. “Kiss Goodbye All Night” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/ Josh Jenkins/Phil O’Donnell)
3. “Hating Everything She Tries On” (Drake Milligan/Brent Anderson/Lynn Hutton)
4. “She” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/John Pierce)
5. “Bad Day To Be A Beer” (Drake Milligan/Marv Green/JT Harding)
6. “Hearts Don’t Break Even” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Liz Rose)
7. “Dance Of A Lifetime” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Phil O’Donnell)
1. “Over Drinkin’ Under Thinkin’” (Drake Milligan/Brice Long/Brett Beavers)
2. “Tipping Point” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Terry McBride/Josh London)
3. “Don’t Look Down” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/John Pierce)
4. “Goin’ Down Swingin’” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Phil O’Donnell
5. “Save It For A Sunny Day” (Drake Milligan/Marv Green/Tim Nichols)
6. “Long Haul” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Bob DiPIero
7. “Cowboy Kind Of Way” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Terry McBride)
Milligan is currently on the road performing headlining dates as well as festival dates throughout the United States. See below for a full list of Milligan’s upcoming tour dates.
Aug 12 – Royse City, TX – Southern Junction
Aug 13 – Katy, TX – Mo’s Place
Sep 16 & 17 – Los Angeles, CA @ Desert 5 Spot
Sep 21 – Oxford, MS @ Proud Larry’s
Sep 23 – Fort Worth, TX @ Billy Bob’s Texas
Sep 24 – San Antonio, TX @ The Rustic
Sep 30 – Indianapolis, IN @ Tin Roof
Oct 1 – Detroit, MI @ Tin Roof
Oct 7 – Gretna, LA @ Gretna Heritage Festival
Oct 8 – Sheridan, AR @ Timberfest
Oct 15 – San Angelo, TX @ The Hangout at Riverside Golf Course
Oct 20 – Memphis, TN @ Lafayette’s
Oct 21 – Lexington, KY @ Tin Roof
Oct 22 – Louisville, KY @ Tin Roof
Oct 29 – Richmond, VA @ River City Roll