Co-produced by Kenny Greenberg and Keith, Peso In My Pocket features 10-songs, 4 of which are penned solely by Keith. The project includes a tribute to the late John Prine, where Keith shared his rendition of the Prine-John Mellencamp co-write “Take A Look At My Heart.”
Peso In My Pocket arrives on October 15, 2021. The album is available for preorder now HERE.
See the album’s full track list below.
1. Oklahoma Breakdown (Michael Hosty)
2. Peso In My Pocket (Toby Keith)
3. Old School (Ryan Hurd, Maren Morris, Brett Tyler)
4. Old Me Better (Kevin R. Moore, John Lewis Parker)
5. Days I Shoulda Died (Brad Warren, Brett Warren, Jessie Jo Dillon)
6. Growing Up Is A Bitch (Toby Keith, Sammy Hagar)
7. She’s Drinkin’ Again (Toby Keith)
8. Thunderbird (Toby Keith)
9. Take A Look At My Heart (John Mellencamp, John Prine)
10. Happy Birthday America (Toby Keith)
We compiled a list of 4 fun-facts you need to know about the forthcoming new album below.
To Pay Tribute To Late Country Icon John Prine
The project includes a tribute song to the late John Prine. Keith takes on the Prine/John Mellencamp co-penned track, “Take A Look At My Heart,” a track that appears on Prine’s tenth studio album, The Missing Years (1991), and originally features superstar Bruce Springsteen.
Maren Morris & Ryan Hurd Wrote One Of The Songs
One of the already released tracks, “Old School,” was co-written by Maren Morris, Ryan Hurd and Brett Tyler. The song earned Keith his highest charting debut of his career on the Billboard Country Airplay chart.
“When I first heard the demo, it reminded me of Steve Miller,” Keith recalled of the track. “But it had a little bit of a rap to it – not unlike the can of worms I opened years ago with ‘I Wanna Talk About Me.’ Then it’s got the coolest melodic waterfall and I was like, ‘Yeah, I gotta cut this.’”
4 Tracks Are Self-Penned
“Happy Birthday America,” “She’s Drinkin’ Again,” “Thunderbird” and the title track “Peso In My Pocket” were self-penned by Keith.
First New Album In Six Years
Peso In My Pocket marks Keith’s first new album since the release of 2015’s 35 MPH Town.