Michael Ray Premieres Poignant New Music Video for “Get To You”
Country star Michael Ray recently announced his forthcoming sophomore album, Amos, named after his late-grandfather. Ray grew up watching his grandfather play in the family band and attributes his passion for music to him sharing that he wouldn’t be the man or musician…
Photo: Allister Ann
Country star Michael Ray recently announced his forthcoming sophomore album, Amos, named after his late-grandfather. Ray grew up watching his grandfather play in the family band and attributes his passion for music to him sharing that he wouldn’t be the man or musician he is today without Amos’ influence.
From the new album, Ray brings fans the emotional music video for his current Top-20 single, “Get To You.” Taste of Country calls it a “uniquely tender and honest” ballad while Rolling Stone applauds its “impassioned chorus” and praises Ray for his impressive vocal range.
“‘Get To You’ is such a special song not only because it’s the first single off of Amos, but also because I feel that it’s something everyone can relate to on some level. I feel like we’ve all been on at least one side of this storyline (‘Why do you run away from love, what the hell are you so scared of/I’m trying, I’m trying to get to you’). In my case, I’ve been on both sides,” Ray reflects. “I want fans to hear this song and be reminded that we’re all human–we all go through these emotions. It’s part of growing, and this song serves to remind fans they’re not alone.”
Fans who pre-order Amos will receive both “Get To You” and “Fan Girl,” which Rolling Stone describes as a “pop-heavy heap of electronics, guitars, R&B grooves and synthesizers.” The song is the second of five tracks that will be available to those who pre-order the new album. The video for “Fan Girl,” a musical tribute to Ray’s fans and those who support live much, premiered on April 23 with Rolling Stone.
Amos promises to be Ray’s most personal album to date with 11 tracks that take listeners on a sonic journey filled with highs and lows, from the nostalgic “Summer Water” about growing up on the water in Florida to the heartbreaking ballad “Her World Or Mine.”
Amos Track Listing with songwriters:
- “Fan Girl” (Matt Jenkins/Brad Tursi/Josh Osborne)
- “One That Got Away” (Josh Osborne/Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rose/Jesse Frasure)
- “Summer Water” (Heather Morgan/Lee Thomas Miller)
- “Get To You” (Abe Stoklasa/Pavel Dovgalyuk)
- “Forget About It” (Luke Laird/Jaren Johnston)
- “Her World Or Mine” (Brett Beavers/Jamie Paulin/Travis Denning)
- “You’re On” (Chase McGill/Jessi Alexander/Matt Jenkins)
- “I’m Gonna Miss You” (Corey Crowder/Matt McGinn)
- “Dancing Forever” (Ross Copperman/Shane McAnally/Matt Ramsey/Trevor Rosen)
- “Girl From Spring Break” (Ben Hayslip/Emily Weisband/ Rhett Akins)
- “Drink One For Me” (Josh Thompson/Jimmy Robbins/Jon Nite)
For more information, visit MichaelRayMusic.com.
More from Music Mayhem
See more posts from Music Mayhem