Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s leading live entertainment company, today announced two new hires and reorganized booking responsibilities for Live Nation New England and Boston-based concert promoter Crossroads Presents. Dustin Labbe and Alex Pickert join the well-established booking team as talent buyers, while the group’s existing roster is shifting responsibilities to maximize support for venues and artists across the region.
In his new role, Labbe will oversee bookings at Brighton Music Hall (MA). Labbe began his career booking local electronic shows in Boston, while running an underground music label/collective, Lifted Contingency. He went on to study Entertainment Management at Bay State College while working as a booking assistant at Live Nation New England/Crossroads Presents. 2018 saw Labbe expand as an Account Manager at Reebok, specializing in unique entertainment events before returning to Live Nation/Crossroads Presents earlier this year.
Pickert will be responsible for the Crossroads Presents’ bookings at local venues ONCE Somerville (MA), Arts at the Armory (MA) and Café 939 (MA). He joins Live Nation from the Middle East Restaurant & Nightclub where he was a lead talent buyer for two years. He has also promoted shows around Boston under Coach & Sons Olde Time Family Booking, a highly successful emo/pop punk karaoke event that secured 5-10 shows a month at Great Scott with local and regional bands.
To meet the needs of the market, Live Nation New England and Crossroads Presents have also shifted day-to-day duties within the booking department, effective immediately:
- Ryan Vangel, VP of Talent Booking, will now be responsible for booking Fenway Park (MA) and Rockland Trust Bank Pavilion formerly Blue Hills Bank Pavilion (MA), as well as Live Nation New England’s bookings at the DCU Center (MA), TD Garden (MA), and Gillette Stadium.
- Bob Duteau, VP of Booking, will continue to be responsible for booking Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion (ME), Maine Savings Bank Pavilion at Rock Row (ME), and Bold Point Park (RI), in addition to Live Nation New England’s bookings at the SNHU Arena (NH), Dunkin’ Donuts Center (RI) Cross Insurance Arena (ME), and the Mullins Center (MA).
- John Innamorato, VP of Booking, will continue to handle booking duties for House of Blues Boston (MA), the Xfinity Center (MA), and Orpheum Theatre (MA).
- Lance Tobin, Talent Buyer, will now be responsible for booking the recently announced Big Night Live (MA) and Paradise Rock Club (MA), as well as the office’s shows at Somerville Theatre (MA), Berklee Performance Center (MA), and Sanders Theatre (MA).
- Kegan Harrington, Talent Buyer, will be responsible for booking Live Nation New England’s shows at the Agganis Arena (MA), Tsongas Center (MA), Boch Center (MA), and the Boston Opera House (MA), and share responsibilities for the House of Blues Boston (MA) and Orpheum Theatre (MA).
Live Nation New England continues to explore new opportunities to meet fans’ growing demand for live entertainment across the region. Recently the team has also partnered with Big Night Entertainment Group on a premier luxury music hall unlike any other venue in Boston. Adjacent to TD Garden, Big Night Live will add over 40,000 square feet of live entertainment and nightlife space to The Hub on Causeway opening in the fall of 2019. Formal design plans and development timelines are also in the works for the recently announced Fenway Theater in partnership with Fenway Sports Group. The Fenway Theater will be a 5,000-capacity state-of-the-art performing arts center located on land adjacent to Fenway Park and behind the bleachers, commonly known as the Triangle Lot, located on the corner of Lansdowne and Ipswich Streets.
“We are pleased to welcome Dustin Labbe and Alex Pickert to the Live Nation New England/Crossroads Presents booking team,” said Don Law, President of Live Nation New England and Crossroads Presents. “It is an exciting time in our business and their addition, as well as the other adjustments made to the day to day operation of the booking team, will put us in the best position possible to exceed the needs and expectations of all artists who play our market – big and small!”
The booking team will continue to work out of Live Nation New England’s Cambridge, MA office, reporting to Don Law.