The Georgia-native co-penned the uplifting anthem with Emily Landis and Ben Johnson. “Brave Girl” encourages listeners to celebrate the things that make them unique with lyrics including, “Be brave, girl / Jump in and make your own wave girl / Say what you wanna say, say it like you mean it / You’re gonna be okay even if you don’t believe it.”
“Midnight ✨ Brave Girl 💜,” the singer captioned an Instagram reel of touching home videos of the star throughout her child. The heartwarming video featured the text “this song is for her.”
The rising female vocalist was chosen as September’s Opry NextStage Artist. Clark combines the vulnerability of her poignant lyrics and the power of trusting in the message to offer a warming performance on the Grand Ole Opry NextStage.
Watch the fast-rising star’s stripped performance of “Brave Girl” below.
“I wrote ‘Brave Girl’ when I was 15-years-old and at first, it was too emotional for me to perform,” shared Callista. “When I finally decided to play it at my live shows, I saw an immediate reaction from everyone and knew it was something special. I hope everyone finds a little encouragement and bravery through the message in this song.”
“Brave Girl” is the last taste fans get of Clark’s highly-anticipated 10-track album REAL TO ME: THE WAY I FEEL before its release on October 14 via Big Machine Records. The project features successful singles “Real To Me,” “It’s ‘Cause I Am,” “Gave It Back Broken” and “Sad.”
Watch the official music video for “Gave It Back Broken” below.
Produced by three-time Grammy award-winning Nathan Chapman, Clark’s debut album boasts collaborations with accomplished songwriters including Laura Veltz, Emily Shackleton, Liz Rose, Chris DeStefano and Jimmy Robbins. Co-writing all 10 tracks, Clark proves that her success at such a young age is anything but a fluke with her powerful new project.
Pre-order REAL TO ME: THE WAY I FEEL here.
Fans can catch Clark on the road as support for Brett Young’s European leg of his headlining tour throughout November.
REAL TO ME: THE WAY I FEEL TRACK LIST
- “It’s ‘Cause I Am” | Callista Clark, Cameron Jaymes, Laura Veltz
- “Gave It Back Broken” | Callista Clark, Emily Shackelton
- “Change My Mind” | Callista Clark, Dan Isbell, Jonathan Singleton
- “Worst Guy Ever” | Callista Clark, Jordan Reynolds, Emily Weisband
- “Brave Girl” | Callista Clark, Ben Johnson, Emily Landis
- “Wish You Wouldn’t” | Callista Clark, Emily Falvey, Lalo Guzman
- “Heartbreak Song” | Callista Clark, Chris DeStefano, Liz Rose, Emily Shackelton
- “Don’t Need It Anymore” | Callista Clark, Cameron Jaymes, Melissa Peirce
- “Sad” | Callista Clark, Sarah Buxton, Jimmy Robbins
- “Real To Me” | Callista Clark, Casey Robert Brown, Laura Veltz