When it comes to the death of beloved artists who pass away, their fans typically respond by buying and streaming their entire discography (new/old). Linkin Park fans are currently still in mourning over the unexpected and tragic loss of the rock band’s frontman, Chester Bennington. Since Bennington’s death ALL of Linkin Park’s albums have returned to the Billboard Charts at high ranks on the top 200 chart.
Here is where all eight Linkin Park records stand on the Billboard 200 this week:
• Hybrid Theory (2000) is currently at #8
• Meteora (2003) sits at #11
• Collision Course (2004) is at #116
• Minutes To Midnight (2007) is at #27
• A Thousand Suns (2010) is at #117
• Living Things (2012) is at #80
• The Hunting Party (2014) is at #184
• One More Light (2017) is at #4
According to Billboard, which sources their data from Nielsen Music, album sales rose 125% (to 85,000 units), digital song sales climbed by 191% (to just under 300,000 songs sold) and on-demand audio jumped the most, growing by an impressive 288% to just over 91 million after Bennington’s death in July. Also, Linkin Park currently has 23 songs in total on the Billboard Hot Rock Songs. The group has beaten out David Bowie’s former record of 21, which also unfortunately happened after his death. This stats are as of August 2nd, 2017 via Billboard.