· Veterans and active duty military can get discount tickets to the show via vettix.org, which offers tickets to verified members of the military
· Veterans and active duty military can take the park and ride shuttle from the Outlets at San Clemente free of charge by using the code THANKYOU at www.driftwoodfest.com or show your military ID for a complimentary shuttle ride to and from the festival.
· A member of the military will be dubbed “Hometown Hero” and will be honored and brought on stage during the show to receive a guitar signed by Driftwood artists.
· The Hall of Heroes will feature photographs from a variety of organizations and military members on display including reunions when the members of the military return home from deployment.
· Several Driftwood vendors, including event sponsor Rockstar Energy Drink and clothing company Puppies Make Me Happy, will be offering discounts and freebies to those who show a military I.D.
· There will be signs located throughout the festival grounds so that Driftwood attendees can leave messages for veterans and civilians.
There will be several local non-profits on-site that will provide information and a number of services to veterans and military families:
– Patriots and Paws pairs veterans with rescued animals to helps reduce psychological and financial stress as they transition back into civilian life. It also helps military members and their families by providing them with home furnishings, small appliances and basic necessities.
– Team Red, White and Blue will share information on how the organization has been able to connect veterans to their communities through physical and social activities.
– Veterans Legal Institute provides pro bono legal assistance to homeless, at risk, disabled and low-income current and former military service members to help them obtain housing, healthcare, education and employment.
– The Seal Dog Foundation helps veterans acquire a professionally trained and registered service dog in accordance with the American Disability Act (ADA) in a timely and less costly manner. The foundation serves veterans who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injuries and physical issues such as back or neck injuries.
– The Marine Corps League-South Coast Detachment helps support Marines, sailors and their families in the 2nd Battalion, 1st Marines, the school of Infantry, the San Onofre Elementary School located on Camp Pendleton and the 1st Marine Regiment-Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force. The group offers various services throughout the year, but also helps ensure military families have Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, collects toys for kids and gift cards for families in need during the holiday season.