The 52nd Annual Country Music Awards brought out a star-studded lineup of some of the best country artists, all performing songs that have dominated the charts throughout the year. We wanted to spotlight our favorite performances from the 2018 CMA Awards with reasons as to why they were included in our best performances at the CMA awards this year.
- Kelsea Ballerini: She stole the show with her performance of her latest single “Miss Me More” from her highly successful album, Unapologetically, which is one of our favorite songs of the year. The energy put forth within this song whilst empowering listeners is just impeccable as Ballerini commanded the stage with an awesome performance was one we will not soon forget about. The dancers elaborate choreography flawlessly blended with the songs instrumental was just a force to be reckoned with.
— 9Gem (@9Gem) November 15, 2018
- Dan+Shay: Dan and Shay’s No. 1 single, “Tequila” has been dominating the country radio charts for weeks at a time, and their performance is one that will be dominating our memory as a performance we won’t soon forget about. Shay Mooney’s soaring vocals perfectly blending with Dan Smyers harmonies setting the stage on fire, quite literally with a burning piano. Make sure you check out their after show Xfinity sponsored performance of their latest single that is a song you probably have heard at a recent wedding “Speechless.”
— CMA Country Music (@CountryMusic) November 15, 2018
- Carrie Underwood: Underwood’s performance of her new single “Love Wins” off of her latest record, Cry Pretty, was nothing short of breath-taking, beautiful, and liberating. Dressed in her beautiful blue gown with a rainbow interior, complete with her baby bump as colors swirled behind her, Underwood belting out lyrics of empowerment and equality. Finishing out her set with a choir serenading the crowd with an impressive ending of hearts being held high. Showcasing her vocal abilities during her performance, which shines with a win later on in the show with her ‘Female Vocalist Of The Year’ award.
— 9Gem (@9Gem) November 15, 2018
- Florida Georgia Line feat. Bebe Rexha: Adding a unique flair to their performance with an orchestra rendition launching their No. 1 smash hit “Meant To Be” that dominated the Billboard charts for nearly a full year and still continues to dominate the charts and radio airwaves. Rexha sparkling in her beautiful black diamond encrusted outfit as BK and Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line went the more simplistic in all white suits looking fabulous. The performance was one of their best performances of the song yet, loving the piano driven orchestra version of “Meant To Be.”
— Your Life In A Song (@LifeInASong_UK) November 15, 2018
- Brett Young: Young’s performance of his fourth consecutive No. 1 “Mercy” before the commercial break was such an emotional filled moment, the crowd mesmerized by his unique vocal range silently lipping along to his fan favorite ballad.
- Keith Urban: Keith Urban’s steamy performance of “Never Comin Down,” a song that will get stuck in your head for days after listening to it. Urban wearing his signature v-neck t-shirt and jeans while rocking on his guitar, best known for his amazing guitar skills which was vibrantly showcased during his performance. Performing high above the stage level, he proves he is never coming down from the peaks he has climbed to with his exceptional talents.
- Garth Brooks: Brooks’ emotion-filled debut of his new song “Stronger Than Me,” which is a song dedicated to his wife, Trisha Yearwood, who was spotlight lit during the entire performance. Brooks and Yearwood both shedding tears by the end of his performance. Check out the performance, HERE.
- Dierks Bentley feat. Brothers Osbourne: Their collaborative efforts for this song are impressive, the make you want to move instrumentals to the raspy vocals of Bentley blending perfectly with the deep vocals of Brothers Osbourne’s frontman T.J. Osbourne. The fiery performance of “Burning Man” complete with a burning stage that exploded during each chorus and especially during John Osbourne’s guitar solo nearing the end of the song.
- Kacey Musgraves: Musgraves brought her mind-blowing vocals to the CMA Awards stage for a performance of her single “Slow Burn,” after winning Album Of The Year for her latest record, Golden Hour. Musgraves had quite the successful year touring her own overseas headlining tour after a massive sold out tour supporting Harry Styles. Her performance was nothing short of amazing with a simplistic stage set up, just Musgraves her band, acoustic guitar and her powerful vocals.
- Eric Church: Church took the CMA Awards stage like the champion he is to perform the title track to his latest record, Desperate Man. His catchy tune was belted out with his incredible backup female singer who assisted with vocals. Complete with his signature sunglasses, black jacket, boots, jeans, his acoustic guitar, and drenched in red lights. Church commanded the crowds attention with this new song that is destined to be a hit.
Overall, the evening was full of amazing talent, incredible productions, and entertainment. Thank you CMA for hosting such an impeccable award show yearly. See you next year.