YouTube is proud to present Camila Cabello’s Made In Miami, an Artist Spotlight Story created in collaboration with the rising superstar that gives an intimate and personal look at her journey, from arriving in Miami to topping the global charts. With the courage to strike out on her own this year and follow her dreams, Camila released a stunning debut solo album and created her iconic music video for “Havana,” which has garnered more than half a billion views on YouTube since its release four months ago. The unstoppable hit has also been the #1 song on the YouTube Music Global Top 100 for every week of 2018 so far.
“Thank you to YouTube for supporting me on my journey and for putting together such an incredible documentary,” said Camila Cabello. “I’m so proud of my family and our story and I hope it inspires others to believe in themselves and pursue their dreams. Thank you to everyone who contributed.”
“We’re beyond excited to work with Camila and be part of her journey of becoming a global superstar,” said Lyor Cohen, YouTube’s Global Head of Music. “Our Artist Spotlight Stories are intimate and personal portraits of artists that give them the unique opportunity to share these special moments with fans and Made In Miami is just that.”
Directed by Tabitha Denholm, Made in Miami tells the story of Camila’s rise to fame, from arriving in Miami as a child carrying nothing but a backpack and a few toys, to becoming a global star with the biggest record in America. Guided by passion, generations of strong women have shaped the Cabello family and now Camila has taken on that mantel. But most importantly, Made in Miami reveals the human face of the families that come to America to make a better life for their children.
A link to Made In Miami and the story trailer are included below, along with additional facts highlighting Camila’s success on YouTube. Fans can also tune in at 12pm ET for a livestream Q&A with Camila about the film with fans across the globe.
Camila Cabello YouTube Data:
- Since its release, “Havana” has earned the #1 on the YouTube Music Global Top 100 in 14 different weeks, including the last 7 straight — meaning “Havana” has held down the top slot on the YouTube Music Global Top 100 for every week of 2018 thus far
- “Havana” ranks as the most-viewed track of 2018 globally, and in over 30 different countries across the global
- The success of “Havana” has helped make Cabello one of the top 25 most viewed artists across YouTube this year
- The video for ”Havana” was Cabello’s biggest debut to date, earning over 10M views in its first 24 hours.
- Since the release of the official video for “Havana,” Cabello has netted over 4.5 million subscribers across YouTube — nearly 75% of her total subscriber base
- Cabello single day views have reached as high as 21.2 million
Cabello’s top 10 countries on YouTube:
- United States – 522,365,321 total views
- Brazil – 166,398,410 total views
- Philippines – 129,318,872 total views
- Mexico – 128,711,890 total views
- Indonesia – 114,234,241 total views
- United Kingdom – 113,048,296 total views
- Germany – 69,692,015 total views
- Poland – 63,474,184 total views
- Spain – 61,038,327 total views
- Canada – 59,884,677 total views