At least 19 people are dead and almost 60+ injured in a possible terrorist incident Monday night (May 22nd, 2017) at Manchester Arena, where pop singer Ariana Grande was performing in the English city of Manchester and two U.S. officials said a suicide bomber was suspected. Police responded to reports of an explosion shortly after 10:35 pm (21:35 GMT) at the arena, which has a capacity for 21,000 people, and where the U.S. singer had been performing to an audience that included many children. A witness who attended the concert said she felt a huge blast as she was leaving the arena, followed by screaming and a rush by thousands of people trying to escape the building. A video posted on Twitter showed fans, many of them young, screaming and running from the venue. Dozens of parents frantically searched for their children, posting photos and pleading for information on social media.
According to TMZ, Ariana Grande has indefinitely suspended her Dangerous Woman Tour. Sources connected to Ariana tell TMZ, she will not perform Thursday in London and has decided for now to put the entire European tour on hold. She was scheduled to perform in England, Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland. Ariana’s manager, Scooter Braun, said, “We mourn the lives of children and loved ones taken by this cowardly act,” adding, “We ask all of you to hold the victims, their families, and all those affected in your hearts and prayers.”
Ariana Grande Tweeted:
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017